- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ head cauliflowercut into florets
- 60g butter
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 3 cups (750mL) milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan
- Finely chopped zest and juice of 1 small lemon
Method:Preheat the oven to 180°C. Butter the base of a 2.5 or 3L casserole dish or 6 individual dishes. Cook broccoli and cauliflower in a steamer or the microwave for 4-5 minutes until just tender and drain well.
Melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan. Stir in flour and cook, stirring, for one minute. Gradually whisk in milk to prevent lumps forming; add salt (if using). Bring to the boil, keep stirring, until the sauce thickens.
Stir chicken, cheese and vegetables into sauce. Spoon into prepared dishes.
Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, and lemon zest and juice in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over chicken mixture. Bake for 20 minutes until top is golden and crunchy.
Bibidi-bobidi-boo ♥ ...............by Fairy Queen Mommy Zara